A lot of people have or have had someone in their life that had a lot of influence on who they are today, but who that role model may be depends on who you ask.
A new survey finds...
- 74% of Americans say they currently have a role model, and in fact, the average person has about four.
- 81% say their role model has influenced some of their major life decisions.
Not surprising, for a lot of people, dad is their biggest role model (47%), followed by mom (42%), while other role models include:
- Celebrity (actor, athlete, etc.)
- Coach or other instructor (arts, music, etc.)
- Historical figure
- Pastor or youth leader
- Family friend
Folks also revealed some of the best advice they’ve gotten from their role model, including:
- Never give in to critics
- Always be proud of who you are
- Be yourself and love yourself
- There will never be a shortcut to success
- Fight for your dreams